There are no words to describe how truly grateful I am to Tecla and her staff for continuing to work with us. From Day 1, it was all about putting a plan in place to set Eclipse up for success in altering the way she perceives the world. In a relatively short amount of time she’s much more comfortable with other animals and people. While we still have a long way to go, the progress to date has been amazing! She loves the staff and trainers there, and it puts my heart at ease to know I have a place where I can take her for daycare and boarding that she enjoys. It is truly an environment where dogs feel safe and can have fun.
Your health & safety is always our first priority.
Here’s how we are ensuring a healthy environment for you and your dog as well as our team in accordance with the COVID-19 pandemic:
Daycare / Boarding:
- Implementation of Contactless Curb-Side Drop Off / Pick Up: TK-9 meets dog & owner outside, employee puts our slip lead around dogs neck, owner removes their leash from dog’s collar and dog is then taken inside with staff member
- 6 ft. distance between client & employee maintained at all times during drop off / pick up interaction
- All employees are required to wear vinyl gloves while handling dogs, and put on a new pair in between each interaction during drop off / pick up
- Each dog is wiped down using a non-toxic / unscented antimicrobial wipe to remove any germs living on the surface of their coat when entering & when leaving the facility
- Slip leads are disinfected in between each interaction & washed overnight daily
- Employees keep a 6 ft. distance between one another during their shifts
- Employees required to wear a mask for the duration of their shift
- Employees consistently utilizing hand sanitizer and washing hands thoroughly throughout the duration of their shift
Group / Private Training:
- All training clients are required to sign our COVID Liability Release Form prior to attending any in person group or private training sessions at TK-9
- Classes and Lessons will be held in our large training room allowing more than 6 feet distance between clients.
- Classes cannot exceed a 12 person maximum (1 handler per dog), this allows for an instructor and instructor’s assistant
- Clients will be required to wear a mask while in the building *If a client has a health concern that requires they do can not wear a mask, please contact our office to discuss
- Client temperatures will be taken at entry with a hand held thermometer
- Clients will hand sanitize upon entry & exit of the building. Hand sanitizing stations are located at the building entrance and throughout the building for client and staff use
- Clients will be provided with a non-toxic unscented antimicrobial wipe with which to wipe their dog down
- The trainer’s temperature will be taken when they report for their classes
- The trainer will wear a mask during check-in but cannot teach/lecture with a mask on, however they will stay more than 6 feet away from clients
- Restroom Usage: There is a restroom reserved for clients only, clients may use the restroom at their own risk. TK-9 staff will clean and sanitize the bathrooms at the end of each day
- Employees and clients are required keep a 6 foot distance or more between one another during their visit
Have more questions about how we are handling COVID-19? We’re happy to answer them.
I cannot say enough good things about Tecla’s K-9 Academy. The staff is passionate about all dogs, young and old, regardless of breed. They truly care about your experience and the dogs. Every time I need to leave my pup with them I am confident she is safe, secure, and well taken care of. Bottom line is that if you have a dog(s) and haven’t looked into Tecla’s K9 Academy, you’re missing out.